Why Berks Career & Technology Center for Adult Education?
Berks Career & Technology Center’s Adult/Continuing Education programs offer individuals the education, technical skills and industry certifications that are key for success in the new economy. Watch the video to learn more about how you can gain a competitive edge in today's economy. The BCTC Adult/Continuing Education department provides adult students several options for career training.
Three categories of career training options are available for adult students at BCTC.
- Adult Day School students gain technical knowledge, hands-on experience and industry certifications while learning in exceptionally well-equipped labs under the supervision of industry trained and experienced instructors. Career training is offered in over 30 occupational areas. All Adult Day School programs follow the secondary school calendar. Adult students can choose a full or part time schedule. Qualified students attending Adult Day School programs may be eligible for federal financial aid.
- Evening Programs provide a cost-effective way for adult students to learn a new skill or a trade on a part-time basis. Classes include theory and hands-on learning opportunities with experienced trainers in a casual atmosphere. Evening courses are generally shorter in length and are offered during the Fall and Spring semesters. We offer training for the professional and those seeking specialized certifications.
- Commercial Driver’s License Training (CDL) and Testing at BCTC offers a professional tractor-trailer driver training program that prepares students to obtain their Commercial Driver’s License in as little as 6-weeks. Day and Evening classes are available.
BCTC provides adult students:
- Certificate of Competency on over 30 programs
- Industry Certifications
- Flexible scheduling
- Two convenient locations (West Campus in Leesport and East Campus in Oley)
- Day, Evening, CDL and online programs
- Affordable pricing
- Highly-qualified, industry trained instructors
- State-of-the art labs and equipment
- Course content that is continuously updated with input from Berks County employers
- Federal financial aid available to qualified students in qualified Day School programs