Financial Aid Application Process
Students are required to complete their financial aid application on-line. The school cannot determine your financial aid eligibility until your financial aid application has been processed and verified if required, so, it is important to complete your application as early as possible. Some FAFSA applications are flagged for a process called "verification". If your application is flagged, additional information will be required by our office. You will be notified in writing of what documentation is needed and no financial aid will be processed until it is received and verified. Once you have completed and submitted your financial aid application AND the Office of Financial Aid has received all required paperwork from you, our Office will have everything required to determine your financial aid eligibility.
1. Gather required information for FAFSA application
Before you begin completing the FAFSA application, you will want to gather the information required to apply. Listed below are some of the data items you will need in order to complete this application. You will be notified in writing if your application is flagged for verification.
- Your Social Security number and your parents’ Social Security number if you are providing parent information
- Your driver’s license number if you have one.
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U. S. Citizen
- Information on savings, investments, and business and farm assets for yourself, your spouse if you are married, and for your parents if you are providing parent information. When calculating investments, do not include IRA accounts or the home in which you live.
- Child Support Received or Paid
2. Go to https://studentaid.gov
Click on "Create an Account" and follow the prompts on the screen. If you already have a FASA ID go to the next step. A user can only have one account associated with their social security number. If you are dependent, a parent or guardian will also need to creat an account.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the school years you are applying for (2020-2021).
Go to: https://studentaid.gov webpage, Click on the “LOG IN” button. You must complete a FAFSA application to be considered for any federal assistance and if you qualify, special state grants and scholarships. This step cannot be omitted. If you need help, please contact the Financial Aid Office. When completing the tax section of this application, it is highly recommended that you import and do not change your Tax Return Information from the IRS. If you have previously completed a FAFSA and need to renew for the next year, or need to make a correction on your FAFSA, go to https://studentaid.gov click on the downward arrow next to “APPLY FOR AID” and click on “Complete the FAFSA form”. Next, click on the “LOG IN” button under “Returning User?”
4. Complete Loan Entrance Counseling (Required for Student Loans)
Go to https://studentaid.gov and click on the downward arrow next to “Complete Aid Process”, click on Complete Entrance Counseling. Sign in using the blue “Log In” button. Follow the screen prompts to complete the Entrance Counseling. For a demonstration of the Entrance Counseling, scroll down the page to the blue “LOG IN TO START” button, and click on Start Demo.
5. Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) SCHOOL CODE – 040413 (Required for Student Loans)
Sign-in to the https://studentaid.gov website and click on the downward arrow next to “Complete Aid Process”, click on “Complete Master Promissory Note”, You will LOG IN to “MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans. Follow the prompts.
6. If you need help in completing the FAFSA, or would like to complete it at the school, please call 610-743-7630 to set up an appointment.