Financial Aid Application Process
Students are required to complete their financial aid application on-line. The school cannot determine your financial aid eligibility until your financial aid application has been processed and verified if required, so, it is important to complete your application as early as possible. Some FAFSA applications are flagged for a process called "verification". If your application is flagged, additional information will be required by our office. You will be notified in writing of what documentation is needed and no financial aid will be processed until it is received and verified. Once you have completed and submitted your financial aid application AND the Office of Financial Aid has received all required paperwork from you, our Office will have everything required to determine your financial aid eligibility.
1. Gather required information for FAFSA application
Before you begin completing the FAFSA application, you will want to gather the information required to apply. Listed below are some of the data items you will need in order to complete this application. You will be notified in writing if your application is flagged for verification.
- Your Social Security number and your parents’ Social Security number if you are providing parent information
- Your driver’s license number if you have one.
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U. S. Citizen
- Information on savings, investments, and business and farm assets for yourself, your spouse if you are married, and for your parents if you are providing parent information. When calculating investments, do not include IRA accounts or the home in which you live.
- Child Support Received or Paid
2. Go to studentloans.gov
Click on the “Create a New FSA ID. Follow the steps in setting up your user id and password. It may take 48 to 72 hours to verify your information to use your FSA ID.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the school years you are applying for.
Go to: FAFSA.ed.gov webpage, select the green “Start A New FAFSA” button if you have never completed one in the prior year. Choose the Log In button if you have a FSA ID and have previously completed the FAFSA and need to add our school code. You must complete a FAFSA application in order to be considered for any federal assistance. This step cannot be omitted. If you need help, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
4. Complete Loan Entrance Counseling
Sign-in to the studentloans.gov website using the blue “LOG IN” button located on the home page. Next select the Complete Loan Counseling option( 2nd choice), then choose the blue “START” button next to “Entrance Counseling” (first choice) and follow the on-screen prompts.
5. Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) SCHOOL CODE – 040413
Sign-in to the studentloans.gov website using the blue “LOG IN” button located on the home page. Next select the “Complete a Loan Agreement” (Master Promissory Note) (3rd choice) option, next, choose the blue START button next to “MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans” (1st choice) and follow the onscreen prompts.
6. If you need help in completing the FAFSA, or would like to complete it at the school, please call 610-743-7630 to set up an appointment.