- Automotive Master Mechanic / Technician
- Automotive Specialty Technician
- Service Technician & Mechanic
- Automotive & Watercraft Attendant
- Detailer (Cleaner of Vehicles)
- Tire Repairer & Changer
- Transportation Vehicle, Equipment & System Inspector
- Certified Emissions Inspector
- Certified Safety Inspector, Cat I
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence)/NATEF – Students will be prepared to take up to four (4) ASE certification exams after completing one year of related work experience.
- Section 609 Certificate for Refrigerant Recycling & Recovery OSHA/CareerSafe 10-Hour Certification
Program Entrance Recommendations:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Algebra I or Geometry
- Problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical aptitude
Automotive Technology 15 months, 1623 hours
The Automotive Technology program is nationally recognized and accredited by the National Automotive Training Education Foundation (NATEF). The program prepares students to engage in diagnosis, servicing, and maintenance of all types of automobiles. Students perform live work and gain invaluable skills in all aspects of automotive technology.
Students begin with the fundamentals and learn to identify and properly use tools and fasteners as well as general auto reconditioning skills. Students learn to inspect, repair and replace components of the suspension, chassis, brake, engine, cooling, fuel, ignition, electrical, exhaust, emissions, air conditioning systems, as well as drive lines according to the student’s chosen career objective. Welding processes and safety techniques are also taught. Students are taught to use technical service information systems and are prepared to obtain the Pennsylvania State Inspection and/or Emission certification.
Graduates are well qualified to enter the automotive field as entry- level service technicians and mechanics. Students who pursue advanced technical training at the post-secondary level will find an array of opportunities in service, management, and entrepreneurship.