- Video Producer/Director Video Editor
- Video Camera Operator Production Assistant
- Commercial/Industrial Photographer
- Portrait Photographer Photo Imaging Technicial
- Adobe Certified Associate – Visual Communication
- Adobe Certified Associate – Video Communication Certification
- OSHA/CareerSafe 10-Hour Certification
Program Entrance Recommendations:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of Algebra 1
- Intermediate computer skills
- Creative / artistic ability
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Effective communication skills
- Strong depth and color perception
- Physical stamina
- Manual dexterity
Communication Media Technology
15 months, 1625 hours
This program will introduce students to the art and science of digital media technology. Through two tracks of study, Video or Photography, students will develop an understanding of the various media technology used in today’s communication and media industries. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands on experiences in developing productions and images, using industry standard software, hardware and camera equipment in both studio and field environments.
The core curriculum, in which all students will participate, will include training in creative development, the production cycle, TV/Film/Video production, Photography, Lighting, Project Management, Budgeting, Audio Production, as well as distribution and social media. In addition, through a clustered learning experience, students will be educated in graphic/visual design and web design.
After completing the core curriculum, students will have the opportunity to specialize in either Photography or Video/TV/Film, for further and more intense study in the selected discipline.
The Adobe Creative Suite will be taught throughout the program including, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects and Audition.
This program will enhance students’ writing and communication, creative abilities, problem solving and technical/computer skills in preparation for employment.