- Commercial/Industrial Photographer
- Portrait Wedding Photographer
- Photographic Process Worker
- Production Assistant
- Adobe Certified Associate – Visual Communication
- OSHA/CareerSafe 10-Hour Certification
- Adobe Certified Associate: Visual Communication
- Graphic Design & Illustration, Print & Design Media Publication
Program Entrance Recommendations:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Algebra I or Geometry
- Problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Hand-eye coordination
- Artistic ability /creativity
Photo Imaging Technology
15 months, 1620 hours
(Co-instructed with the Communication Media Technology Program)
This program will introduce students to the art and science of digital media technology. Through two tracks of study, Video or Photography, students will develop an understanding of the various media technology used in today’s communication and media industries. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands on experiences in developing productions and images, using industry standard software, hardware and camera equipment in both studio and field environments.
The core curriculum, in which all students will participate, will include training in creative development, the production cycle, TV/Film/Video production, Photography, Lighting, Project Management, Budgeting, Audio Production, as well as distribution and social media. In addition, through a clustered learning experience, students will be educated in graphic/visual design and web design.
After completing the core curriculum, students will have the opportunity to specialize in either Photography or Video/TV/Film, for further and more intense study in the selected discipline.
The Adobe Creative Suite will be taught throughout the program including, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects & Audition.
This program will enhance students’ writing and communication, creative abilities, problem solving and technical/computer skills in preparation for college and employment.