- Farm Equipment Mechanic and Service Technician
- Motorcycle Mechanic
- Motorboat Mechanic and Service Technician
- Outdoor Power Equipment & Small Engine Mechanic (Lawn & Garden)
- Outdoor Power Equipment Technician
- Certificate Certified Safety Inspector, Cat I
- OSHA/CareerSafe 10-Hour Certification
Prograam Entrance Recommendations:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Algebra I or Geometry
- Problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical aptitude
Recreational & Power Equipment Technology 15 months, 1628 hours
The Recreational & Power Equipment Technology Program course has earned national technician certification from the Equipment and Engine Training Council (EETC). BCTC is one of only a few technical facilities in Pennsylvania to achieve this standard making it a premier training program for students in Berks County.
The program is designed to teach skills in the service, sales, operation and repair of lawn and garden equipment, chain saws, outboard motors, portable generators, pumps, farm equipment, motorcycles, industrial equipment and snowmobiles. Students perform “live work” for customers, which gives them invaluable experience in estimating, parts ordering, repair, and customer service. Students study measuring tools, ordering and record keeping, small engine design and components, fuel systems, lubrication systems, starting/electrical systems, troubleshooting, overhaul, drivelines, and welding. In addition, repair and service of lawn and garden equipment, chain saws, snowmobiles and motorcycles is taught.
By completing the course, the students are prepared to obtain EETC certification in 2- and 4- cycle gas engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, transmissions and drives. Students are qualified to pursue careers as farm equipment, motorcycle, motorboat mechanics, or small engine mechanics.