The Following Schools are Participating in Meal Program
Per the Reading Eagle, the following schools will be providing meals while closed due to COVID-19:
Starting Tuesday, children under age 18 can get breakfast and lunch bags at two sites.
Food will be given out through Thursday at Mount Penn Elementary Center and Antietam Middle/Senior High School from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Weekend boxes will be given out on Thursday that contain extra food.
Children do not need to live in the district to get meals.
Those visiting the distribution sites are asked to stay in their vehicles while staff brings them their food.
Students will be able to pick up “grab-and-go” lunches at Boyertown High School starting Tuesday.
The meals will be available at the school’s loading dock between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Students who qualify for the federal free and reduced lunch program can pick up “grab-and-go” meals starting Monday.
The meals will be available from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at Brandywine Height Intermediate/Middle School. They will be delivered through a drive-through model, where families pull up and remain in their vehicles as the food is handed to them.
Starting Wednesday March 18, 2020 Conrad Weiser Food Service Department will be offering free breakfast and lunch for all Conrad Weiser Area School District children. Lunch and breakfast for the next day will be offered in the form of a bagged “grab and go” meal.
The location will be held at Conrad Weiser West Elementary in Womelsdorf between 10:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
Walk up and drive up service will be available and staff and signs will direct on site where to go. Children must be present in order to pick up a meal.
The district will provide “grab-and-go” bagged lunches for students who currently qualify for the federal free and reduced lunch program starting Tuesday.
The bags will be available between noon and 1 p.m. at the main entrance to the high school.
Lunch and breakfast will be available for students who qualify for the federal free and reduced lunch program via “grab-and-go” bags starting Monday.
The meals can be picked up between 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. at the following locations:
• High school students — high school cafeteria entrance.
• Junior high and Reiffton School students — Reiffton School cafeteria entrance.
• Owatin Creek and Jacksonwald elementary students — Owatin Creek Elementary School cafeteria entrance.
• Lorane Elementary school students — Lorane Elementary School front entrance.
The eligible student will need to be present for the pickup of meals.
“Grab-and-go” lunches will be available starting Tuesday.
They can be picked up in front of Cumru Elementary School from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The lunches will be available for anyone under age 18.
Students can pick up five-day supplies of lunches and breakfasts on two dates.
Meals will be handed out from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday and March 24. The following are the locations for the distributions:
• Strausstown Park pavilion.
• Shartlesville Community Park.
• Tilden Elementary Center, bus loading area.
• Hamburg High School, rear parking lot.
• Perry Elementary Center, pavilion.
The district will make free “grab-and-go” lunches available to all students beginning Tuesday. Students do not need to qualify for free or reduced lunch status to participate. Meals will be provided Monday through Friday, throughout the duration of the school closures.
The lunches will be available from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the high school parking lot and outside of the Highland Estates clubhouse.
Bagged lunches and breakfasts will be provided to students at five locations starting Monday.
The bags can be picked up between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at:
• West Lawn United Methodist Church, main parking lot next to the education building.
• Sinking Spring Library, back parking lot.
• Whitfield Elementary School, student drop-off area.
• Lincoln Park Pool
• Cornwall Terrace Elementary School/Southern Middle School complex, behind the schools at the red canopy.
All district students will have access to free lunches and breakfasts starting Tuesday.
"Grab and go" meals will be available between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Students must be present to receive the meals. They can be picked up at:
• Junior/Senior High School, main entrance off of Cambridge Avenue.
• West Reading Elementary Center, main entrance.
• Wyomissing Hills Elementary Center, main entrance.
To view the full article, click HERE.