On August 31, 2020, the USDA announced that the waivers that allow schools to serve all children meals for free will be continued through December 31, 2020. This new announcement is designed to ensure that families are supported with nutritious meals during the pandemic. BCTC has been approved to participate in this waiver.
Effective September 11, 2020, all student meals at BCTC will be free for those students scheduled to eat at BCTC.
Here are some specific details regarding how this impacts your child:
- All students can receive a full breakfast and full lunch for free regardless of income or grade level.
- Only one full meal at both breakfast and lunch will be offered for free. If students choose to purchase an additional meal or a la carte items, they will be charged.
- Student meals will still be recorded through our POS system so that we can audit for allergies and other important notations in their account.
- Students will access breakfast and lunch in the same manner they have done in the past.
- We encourage families to continue filling out meal benefit applications for free and reduced meals at their home school as this new waiver expires December 31, 2020.
BCTC Food Service Department